A Quick 2016 Holiday Gift Guide

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Let's be real: it's the most wonderful time of the year for half of us, while the other half of us cringes at the thought of joining the long checkout lines to buy gifts for loved ones. In the past I've been in between, but lately I don't mind trekking it to a decent deal at my favorite stores. While I'm mainly a Cyber Monday kinda gal, I have been doing some pre-holiday shopping and found some fabulous goodies recently. So, I compiled a list of gift ideas that you can use as a guide for the lucky ones on your Nice list--or even just for yourself!


For him:

I was ecstatic to find so many wonderful items in the last hours Black Friday at Old Navy. I loved this men's textured henley shirt in heather grey, which looks so good on any skin tone. Old Navy also has a excellent selection of sleepwear; these flannel patterned sleep pants came in so many great patterns!

Traditional gifts for guys also include cologne, so I recommend the long-lasting, clean, and classic scent of Jean Paul Gaultier.

Urban Outfitters also has the BEST random/quirky gifts for the hipster of your heart. Check out this guitar pick holder keychain, this Polaroid zip mobile photo printer, this Herschel wallet, this Pacman handheld, and this Pokemon Kanto Edition Monopoly board game.

For her:

While Gap and Old Navy usually have the sweaters of my dreams, I can't help but buy this basic sweater at Zara in almost every color. I also fell for this belted, floral printed skirt that I wore on Thanksgiving with my favorite BCBG pumps, and this velvet, lace trim cami by Who What Wear at Target.


Those sweater knit, pom-pom beanies are inexcusably adorable, so I must suggest this one I found at Old Navy. For the athletic lady of your life, check out these awesome steel water bottles also found at Old Navy--I loved the rose gold one!

Two perfumes that I recommend are Chanel No. 5 or Decadence by Marc Jacobs, which you can get in a gift set that includes the fragrance rollerball and body lotion.

The following are some quick stocking stuffers for her:



Clinique's pop matte lip colour in Clove Pop (goes on smoothly but stays with a matte finish!), Sugar Lip Polish and Rose Face Mask by Fresh, the Phase 2 Set by Glossier, and SoulKu's Gemstone Essential Oil Aromatherapy in Calm.

Bonus makeup gifts: I really liked this Extravagant Eyes set by Sephora, which includes eye makeup products like this Excessive Lash mascara by Make Up For Ever and this NARS dual-intensity eyeshadow in metallic finish.

Bonus gifts for anyone: Check out this Game of Thrones Monopoly Collector's Edition game; this compilation of Humans of New York stories; this owl eyeglasses holder; this silicone glass wine set; this Amazon Kindle Paperwhite E-Reader; and this digital item tracker to find your missing keys/phone/wallet/bag by Tile.


Happy shopping!

xo

Post a Comment