Goodbye June, Hello July!

Friday, July 7, 2017

Hi! I hope everybody had a wonderful 4th of July! I did so much in the past week it's almost a blur. Does anyone else feel like the summer is flying by??

Last week I visited one of the most beautiful park and trail systems in Chicago, the 606 Trail. The first time I walked the 606 I started at the far west side of the trail (I think the access point I started on at was the Drake ramp) and we stopped at the Humboldt ramp. Last week, my friend Samantha and I started at the Western ramp and walked it until the end. Both times I remembered to bring the essentials: sunscreen, water bottle, and a hat!

We honestly spent so much of the walk admiring all of the beautiful houses on either side of the 606--they look like the giant houses you'd see in on a trail in Venice, Los Angeles. We also did a mini/impromptu photo shoot (she used to take photography!) and I also got some great shots of the architecture and artwork that you'll see on the 606. If you have the chance to walk on the 606, go for it--just be sure to wear comfortable shoes!








My 4th of July was spent with friends, family, and of course, lots of good food. I might also add that I did the majority of the grilling (remember, I'm doing a much better job cooking for myself these days!) and everyone was raving about my cheeseburgers!



Since this year the holiday landed on a Tuesday, we called it an early night because most people had to work the next day. But I still loved following my tradition of standing in the alley and watching my neighbors set off tons of fireworks. I don't think I'll ever get tired of that tradition; as a kid my dad would usually prop the ladder against the garage so that my siblings and I could climb up and have a great view of the fireworks twinkling in the sky, like were having our own Navy Pier show.

I had also checked out The Bristol recently for a Windy City Blogger Collective event and I had such a wonderful time meeting so many amazing bloggers--like the founder of the WCBC, Kit Graham, and this blogger/beauty queen Gaby Ramos.

I went back to The Bristol the following Sunday for brunch (remember my brunch quest!?) and it was nothing short of delicious!


I agree with the left chalkboard: "Yes way, rosé!"

Smoked ham eggs benedict.

If brunch was delicious, then I am sure that ANY meal there is totally worth checking out! Also, if you didn't notice, the exposed brick walls give the restaurant a very romantic vibe, so I definitely recommend it for your next date. Their upstairs floor is also super cute and perfect if you are looking to book a private room for any baby showers/bridal showers/wedding rehearsal dinners/birthdays/etc.

Also! I finally made my way to a Cubs game with the bestie. Unfortunately, the Cubbies weren't doing so hot... even though the day certainly was!! We stayed hydrated as best we could but eventually we ended up having ice cream for dinner.




Oh, and I have to say that this week the following albums will certainly be on repeat: the new album by Calvin Harris (featuring SO many amazing artists); the emotionally-driven and powerful debut album by the beautiful Jessie Reyez; and of course, the brutally honest album by Jay-Z.


xo

4 comments