How Well Do You Know Me Tag

Thursday, July 13, 2017

So I was recently tagged by the lovely Samantha of The Brunette Blend for this fun, different type of post: I will answer the following 11 questions that she came up with, and then create my own questions that I want 11 other bloggers to answer. Here we go!

1. Let’s get this out of the way ASAP. *N Y S Y N C or Backstreet Boys?

This is tough! Growing up I was ALL about *NSYNC (ask my sister--I had the moves down for every music video). However, over the years I've come to truly appreciate all the bangerz that Backstreet Boys had....and boy, did they have a LOT more than *NSYNC. Sooo....it depends on the era of Dulce, I suppose. Haha!

2. Has your blog changed directions since you started?

Honestly, it hasn't changed that much. I think I started A Juxtaposed Mind in January 2016 to share whatever's on my mind, whether it's a topic about life or a product/event/musician that I love, and I'm doing just that. The aesthetics of the blog will definitely be spruced up every now and then, but so far I don't foresee the blog's goal changing drastically.

3. Who inspires you to be better?


My family and close friends. Within my support system there are certain individuals who help me pick myself up during the tough times because I've seen them rise even stronger after REALLY tough times, like my mom. At the same time, I'm trying not to depend on people for things that I know I can find within me, like wisdom, confidence and courage; the challenge now is to find inspiration in anyone/anything that I face in my life--no matter what kind of experience they bring.

4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?

This is so millennial of me to admit, but I really do need my iPhone. I'm terribly forgetful so I put all my appointments/events/etc on my calendar; plus, I don't own an alarm clock (does anyone still have one?!) so I set them up on my phone. Oh, and I love having apps to play music on the road because I get bored quickly with the radio. Gosh, I never realized how dependent I was on my phone! Oops.



A self-proclaimed selfie addict.

5. What is your social media platform of choice?

I love tweeting

6. What is the first thing you do in the morning?


Check the time and, if it's possible, go back to sleep.

7. What have you learned from blogging?


Blogging has taught me three things: 1) That I truly love to write. Writing helps me take all the little thoughts that won't go away and put them in a designated place (in my journal, my poetry, this blog), depending on if they're private or public thoughts.  2) To be a good writer, you also have to be an avid reader. I kind of fell off from my books-to-read pile I have in my room so I'm making time to read for at least 30 minutes a day. 3) Blogging helps people interact and connect with others, but it is just the tip of the iceberg. You can definitely meet a ton of people online who share your interests/hobbies--that's the whole point of it! For me though, it's the foundation for knowing how to truly interact with people, network, make new friends, or just share whatever you want about your life or work.

8. What was the last photo you took?

This picture of Jose washing the dishes. I had just made us some delicious chicken fajitas!




9. What movie do you quote on a regular basis?


It used to be Anchorman but now it's Borat for sure. It cracks everyone up how I can change my voice to sound just like him!

10. What is one of your beauty tips or hacks?


Putting a little bit of Vaseline on my eyelashes after applying mascara. It makes them so much shinier!

11. What are the three things that ALWAYS make it into your grocery cart?


Vegetables, fruit and something made with chocolate. Hey--the first two are healthy enough! 



OK, here are the 11 bloggers I nominate for this challenge!



Jordin of West Loop Soul

Michelle of The Healthy Latina



Yanira of Yanira Garza 



Sonia of Onyx and Faith


And my questions are....

1. Where are you from originally (family too)?

2. What made you want to create your blog?

3. What's one piece of advice that you were given in the past that has really helped you on your journey to self-growth?

4. When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with?

5. What are your travel must-haves?

6. Who are some designers you NEED in your closet?

7. What's your favorite summer drink?

8. What's one thing (or person!) that can instantly brighten a bad day for you?

9. Which selfie or photo taken by you is your current favorite?

10. Which skill would you like to master?

11. What's the best book or series that you've ever read?


Have fun, bloggin' beauties!

xo


Post a Comment