Current Beauty and Music Favorites

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

It's time again for a list of my current faves! Starting with: skincare/haircare and beauty.

As I said before, I am no contouring queen, so I mainly opt for a regimen that doesn't take longer than 10-15 minutes... and that's pushing it!

To prep in the mornings I wash my face with Neutrogena Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Cream Cleanser. Since it's pretty drying because it's so strong (and I already have issues with dry skin), I use a moisturizing, non-scented lotion with some SPF in it right after. My dermatologist recommended CeraVe Moisturizing Facial Lotion AM, and it's been doing the job well. However, I do want to try the popularly used Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer, because while CerAve leaves my face smooth, it sometimes leaves a bit of residue--which I'm assuming is due to it having more SPF than Aveeno.

I usually don't use too much foundation either, especially now that it's summer. So I have stuck to the wonderful Stretch Concealer in Dark by Glossier that I also mentioned before: I pat it under my eyes and over any other blemishes that are bothering me at the moment, then I add some of my favorite creme blush by Honest Beauty. After curling my eyelashes, I apply my go-to mascara by Make Up For Ever.

For my nighttime skincare regimen, it's fairly basic as well. I remove any makeup with some towelettes by Pond's and wash away any leftover dirt/makeup with this scrub by Neutrogena. Finally, since I'm not getting any younger I decided to try a night cream that can nourish and hydrate my skin as I sleep. After doing some research, I went with this night cream by No7.



I also caved and got the currently sold out KKW x Kylie collection of creme liquid lipsticks.



The packaging is very cute and chic, and the lipsticks (more like lipglosses) themselves reminded me of a higher quality NYX butter gloss. I did love the shades, even though the shade Kim weirdly came right off just minutes after putting some on.


As for fragrances, I am ADDICTED to Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel. Anything by Chanel for me is a yes!!



For hair, right now nothing works better for me than this shampoo and conditioner for fine/frizzy/wavy/straight hair by SheaMoisture. I used to use this beautifully scented, weightless shampoo also by SheaMoisture but it's either not sold in stores anymore, or it's always sold out!

If frizz does arise (and it constantly does in this humidity!) I definitely use some kind of serum or cream to tame my hair. I randomly found this styling elixir with blackberry and coconut milk at Target; so far I am loving how bouncy and soft my hair gets after I smooth some on my damp hair.

Music-wise, I'm so into trancey-ish rock like Future Islands and The War on Drugs; I just let their albums play completely when my mind needs to chill. SZA and Lorde also have badass, mellow albums out that I have heavy on repeat.

Also on my list is movies to watch. I NEED to see Baby Driver (with the ever-adorable Ansel Elgort) and Wonder Woman. I know--I can't believe I still haven't seen it!

Oh, and last weekend was the bridal shower for my good friend Ana. I had so much fun meeting her amazing friends/bridesmaids and family! I also loved the bridal shower games we played, including one where you couldn't say her name or else you lost your beads.


(My jacket and shoes are from Zara. The black dress I got at Forever 21 a few years ago!)

That's it for now! Can't wait to share more updates and faves!

xo

1 comment

  1. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also.
    self care products

    ReplyDelete