Retro-spectfully yours, Dulce.

Monday, February 15, 2016

It has been too long, friends! Apologies for my hiatus. January was crazy/busy/tough/scary/wonderful, but I'm finally doing better.  

Some updates: 

- I kicked ass in my latest formal observation. My kids focused and did a great job following directions--even the troublemakers! Miracles do happen.
- Game plan to lose weight is coming along smoothly! Slowly but surely, my waistline is getting smaller and my clothes are feeling looser. Still have a looooong way to go, but I know I can reach my goal with consistency. And less chocolate.

I'm also exuberantly thrilled that it's mid-February. There's still so much to keep moving forward with, but when January ended it was like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. I can push through the last two weeks of February because my eye is on the ball: spring break! It's not until late March, but in the meantime I can just focus on my workouts and making sure I have enough downtime to recenter after hectic work days. Also, I snagged some tickets to see Nick Kroll and John Mulaney as their hilarious old, Jewish men alter egos! I'm already cracking up just thinking about them.

Lastly, I wanted to share some photos of the goofy, idealistic teen I used to be. She's still around when some light-heartedness and laughter is needed, let me reassure you! But with her Day One's and favorite person ever on her side, she's now a woman well on her way to accomplishing everything she dreamed of.



Sixteen and sweet. Sometimes.
Beach bums.
Back when I was the Mexican Serena Williams.
Also when my friends climbed trees in their spare time. 
The hallways were my runways. Not really but I had a lot
of fun getting through crowds because I was so little. Suckers!
Being nerds for Spirit Week. Check out my fave teacher in the background!


L.A. Candy


High school was fun but college was so much better!

My darling little sugar plum.

Celebrating my birthday on a Kanan cruise.

Obligatory falling-over-while-turning-21 photo.
Never a dull moment with my birthday twin Thomas!





Post a Comment