Chasing Away Some Summertime Blues

Thursday, July 27, 2017

This summer is just about halfway done but it's honestly been one of the best that I've had in a while. Mainly because I've gotten to do just about everything that I wanted, both happily on my own and with my favorite people.

I have to give a shout out to my friend Jessica, the creator of Ari Rose Body Care. If you love smelling amazing and support organic, cruelty-free, sustainable, and hand-made soaps, then you NEED to check out her products. She is a fairly new business in Chicago, but she can ship all products to you if you don't live in the city. I am in love with her Skin Frosting (your legs will NEVER feel smoother with any other product!), her soaps Midnight Tide, Luscious Lux and Sunshine Day, the popular Black Butter mud mask, and My Little Secret (ladies only!). Jessica is a wonderful momma of two beautiful little girls and works hard to provide the best skincare for every woman--especially if you have sensitive, oily or acne-prone skin. I can't stress enough how grateful I am to have met this woman, and I'm super happy that she had her own table recently at the Beautious, run by Chicago Woman Magazine, an event that featured businesses providing services for beauty and style.



I finally checked out the Maggie Daley Park and there was definitely a lot to see and do. Though it's mainly known for the skating ribbon during the holidays, there are also picnic groves, tennis courts, and a climbing wall that's actually run by Lakeshore Sport & Fitness. The kids had a great time in the Play Garden, which had little playgrounds that were created with a theme (like the sea), but I think Jose had just as much fun!




I was extremely excited to see my brother play in his newly-formed band, I Am Warhol this month. They had a show recently at Livewire Lounge and I went out to support them. These guys are truly talented!







Check out their page on Facebook if you're a fan of hearing metal/rock played by some cool, local Chicago rockers.

I also checked out the Little Goat Diner on Randolph St. when I stopped by for a quick career chat with my newly acquainted friend Liz. Their omelette of the day was phenomenal, which I complemented with a small biscuit and gravy. Delicious!




That same day, Samantha and I went to Estereo in Logan Square. I pass by it all the time on my way home, so I was eager to see what it was about. I loved what I saw walking in: all of the windows were open, the bar was in the middle, tables and stools surrounded the bar and salsa vinyls were playing on a record player. The drink menu featured a lot of yummy cocktails that helped make you feel like you were transported to the Caribbean in the middle of the day!

Paloma and mojito.








On a random adventure for lunch with the bestie, we found the perfect little Argentinean spot nestled in a residential neighborhood. La Nonna provides breakfast, lunch, and dinner to its patrons; the food is AMAZING, but what also makes this place so special is the humble beauty and atmosphere inside.









It opened up about three months ago, so I do anticipate it becoming so busy there might be a wait time to grab a table soon enough.

Also, I am SO proud of my friend Abby for becoming a doctor of physical therapy. We celebrated last week at the Virgin Hotel's rooftop bar, Cerise. It was the perfect night to spend with my beautiful ladies.




I've had quite the culinary adventure so far this summer. No regrets--but no skipping out on the gym either! Sam has been making sure I work hard for each burger....

More updates soon!

xo

Post a Comment